Ready Set GO Abroad!
WED. FEB. 27th | 11AM-1:30PM | LBJSC BALLROOM
It is now time to take the next step to prepare for an amazing experience abroad. We would like to invite you to our “Ready. Set. Go Abroad!” event, which will provide you with a showcase of valuable resources. This interactive event will bring essential information, as there will be vendors assisting with passport information, student airfare, immunization requirements, health and safety advice, packing tips, banking abroad, financial aid, scholarships and more.
If you have been committed/ accepted into your Study Abroad Program for Summer & Fall 2019 you will have a chance to win a GoPro & a $500.00 American Airlines Flight Voucher (*** restrictions apply) for more details attend Ready Set Go Abroad!
Payments will only be accepted by Check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check. Each applicant will need to have separate payments to the US Dept. of State and the City of San Marcos.
- US Department of State Fee (payable to US Dept. of State):
Routine Service 4-6 weeks processing:
Passport Book $110.00
Passport Card $30.00
Passport Book & Card $140.00
Expedite Service 2-3 weeks processing:
Passport Book $170.00
Passport Card $90.00
Passport Book & Card $200.00
City of San Marcos Fee (payable to City of San Marcos):
Acceptance Facility Fee $35.00
Front and back copy of Identification (ex. Drivers Lisc.)
Original proof of citizenship (ex. Birth Cert., Naturalization, previous passport)
Front and back copy of citizenship (ex. Birth Cert., Naturalization, previous passport)
*** please be aware no passports will be process if are not fully completed at the time of execution.
STUDY ABROAD T-SHIRT
Stop by and pick up their official study abroad t-shirt if you have been committed/ accepted into your study abroad program!
Talk to Wells Fargo about how to use your banking accounts while you're abroad!
During this event we will have a representative from PAKMAIL taking passport photos. If you plan to have your passport photo taken, please ready the following guidelines
- Package: 2 Photos
- cost: $15
- Payment Options: all credit and debit cards accepted
Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Note to parents of young children: we have sample photos in the Photo Examples section below with tips for submitting a baby's passport photo. We realize that an infant's pose and expression are challenging to maintain for a photo.
- You cannot wear glasses.
- If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application.
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of traditional religious attire worn continuously in public.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for passport purposes as well.
For more information please visit the Travel.State.Gov website
Pick up your International Health Insurance Card!