Study Abroad Forms
This form can also be found inside the Faculty-Led program application. Students participating in Faculty-Led programs must print off this form, have it signed by their Academic Advisor, and then re-upload the form into their online program application.
Undergraduate Steps for Transferring Study Abroad Credits
*Please find the Transfer Credit Agreement From in your Study Abroad online application.
Why do students need to complete this process before departing?
A. You will make the best course selection for your international program after talking to your advisor about your academic goals and degree plan.
B. You will understand how the classes you plan to take and credits you earn will apply towards your major, minor or general university requirements.
C. You will have a documented, approved academic plan for your semester abroad.
D. If you do not complete this process, you may not receive credits for courses completed and may not be eligible for financial aid.
1. Complete the Transfer Credit Agreement (TCA) form and upload it to your application.
- It is strongly advised to select more courses than what you really intend to take in case of course cancellations or schedule conflicts. Be sure to attach all course descriptions or syllabi (preferably in English), which you can find in university catalogs, websites, etc.
- Obtain as much information as possible about each of the courses you plan to take. It is your responsibility to obtain course descriptions from your prospective host institution.
2. The Study Abroad Office will review your TCA form and forward it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for course evaluation.
- The Transcript Evaluator may need to contact you if any additional information is needed.
3. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will send the evaluated TCA form to your Advising Center to determine if the selected courses satisfy degree requirements.
4. Once the Academic Advisor determines if the courses satisfy degree requirements, the form will be emailed to the Study Abroad Office.
5. The Study Abroad Office will email the evaluated/approved TCA form back to you.
* If you have questions regarding evaluated/approved TCA, please make an appointment with the academic advisor.
This process usually takes about 5-10 business day.
This form is required for all students who wish to study abroad and would like to transfer graduate credits to Texas State. You will need to fill out the form properly, attach a description/syllabus of each course, and submit your packet to the Graduate College located in JCK 280. The Graduate College will then determine if credits can be trasferred to Texas State, and then send your form to the Study Abroad Office for final approval. Keep in mind that this process may take several days. You may submit payment through the Study Abroad website. If you are participating in an affiliated program, this fee is already included in your affiliated program fee. Please click here to download and print the Graduate Study Abroad Transfer Credit Agreement Form.
This document must be completed if you are wishing to receive the International Education Fee Scholarship while participating in an internship abroad or are participating in an Independent Study course abroad.
This form is to be signed by the host institution and submitted to Texas State University Study Abroad Office in order to confirm that the student is enrolled and taking courses at the institution abroad.
(Due date: at 60 percent-point of the study abroad term at the host institution)
Students participating in an Education Abroad program who receive federal financial aid must complete this form to verify academic engagement in at least one course in order to remain eligible for aid awarded during the semester. For more information, please review the Withdrawing and Non-Attendance page on the financial aid website for more information: http://www.finaid.txstate.edu/undergraduate/withdrawals.html
THIS FORM IS MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDY ABROAD STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN AFFILIATED OR INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMS WHO WERE AWARDED FINANCIAL AID.
Students receiving financial aid at Texas State University must demonstrate completion of course work abroad. Although a transcript will be required to transfer credits to Texas State, it is common that transcripts are not available by the time they are needed to comply with federal financial aid regulations. Thus, students receiving financial aid must submit this form within two weeks of the student's last class day.
Students who fail to submit this form by the designated deadline will be in violation of federal financial aid regulations and will be required to repay all or a portion of their Title IV financial aid.