International Teacher Identity Card
The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is a useful document for traveling junior high school, high school, college, university, or vocational school teachers. The ITIC is administered internationally by the International Student Travel Confederation.
The ITIC is the most widely accepted form of teacher ID card. While your regular faculty ID may or may not be recognized when traveling abroad, the ITIC is accepted as proof of teacher status in more than ninety countries around the world.
For more information, visit www.isicus.com/myisic.
- International Recognition
- Insurance: Cardholders are automatically covered by a basic sickness and accident insurance policy while traveling outside the U.S. Note: Texas State Study Abroad recommends additional insurance coverage.
- Twenty-Four-Hour Traveler's Assistance Help Line: Cardholders have access to a toll-free hotline for medical, financial, and legal emergencies.
- Low Teacher Airfares: Cardholders are eligible for reduced teacher airfares. Some fares are subject to restrictions.
- Discounts in the U.S. and Abroad: A complete listing of ISIC discounts is available at the STA Travel website. Note: STA Travel is not affiliated with Texas State Study Abroad.
Obtaining your ITIC
Faculty interested in applying for this card may do so online at www.myisic.com.